FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Downgrading a Firmware on a router?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

riZen2003

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Downgrading a Firmware on a router? Reply with quote

I've been constantly getting disconnected after I upgraded my firmware on my router Linksys BEFSR41 v2 to the latest one. Whenever I play UT2k4 now I know I just got disconnected/reconnected because I just start to lag and the fact that my friends yell when they get disconnected as the same time. Now there are 3 of us connected to this router. Before I upgrade to this new firmware I never had this problem except for d/c every other game and my friends wont get d/c. Now it's all of us getting d/c at exactly at the same time. So I figure I should just go back to the old firmware. So anyone know how to downgrade a firmware version? Where's BIG J when you need him!!
redbaron
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linksys used to have a tool so that you could downgrade or upgrade firmware with it. Not sure if it's still available, but it might be.

Dismal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php

register & look for old firmware...found mine here
Cham3l3on

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of routers I ran my cat5 line last night. W00t. My machine has been down for like months now I think. The basement wasn't cutting it anymore. 50 F is too cold, and it was damp. Heating it was out of the question. I could have just bought a wireless card and gone the easy route, but I didn't feel comfortable using wireless for gaming.
Absconsa

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Downgrading a Firmware on a router? Reply with quote

riZen2003 wrote:
I've been constantly getting disconnected after I upgraded my firmware on my router Linksys BEFSR41 v2 to the latest one. Whenever I play UT2k4 now I know I just got disconnected/reconnected because I just start to lag and the fact that my friends yell when they get disconnected as the same time. Now there are 3 of us connected to this router. Before I upgrade to this new firmware I never had this problem except for d/c every other game and my friends wont get d/c. Now it's all of us getting d/c at exactly at the same time. So I figure I should just go back to the old firmware. So anyone know how to downgrade a firmware version? Where's BIG J when you need him!!
just to let u know, it's definatly a overheating issue. the only reason why i know this is because i use the same router and have had the same problems. all i did was put a lil chipset fan on it and i have it soldered to the incoming power with a resistor soldered along with it.... maybe that will help u out some.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: